Published on September 18, 2021
Saturday, September 18, 2021
Changes from previous update:
- In response to mounting garbage, Parish President Hotard facilitated the partnership between Metro and Waste Pro.
10 Waste Pro trucks are out Parishwide servicing the community in addition to Metro trucks.
President Hotard also issued an Emergency Household Waste Bid and is in the process of executing agreements to increase disposal capacity.
Bids will be opened Sunday, September 19, 2021, at 10 a.m.
“My main priority right now is getting the trash off the street for our residents; therefore, taking emergency actions were necessary,” said Parish President Hotard. “I will continue to take any and all actions necessary to rid our streets of garbage. I want to thank residents for their patience and cooperation as we work to get all garbage collected.”
- More than 147,000 cubic yards of debris has been collected so far. Debris trucks are out Parishwide collecting debris daily.
- Please separate debris and do not place debris on fire hydrants, water meters, trees, or mailboxes.
- The Boil Water Advisory is lifted for the West Bank. The Boil Water Advisory remains in place for the East Bank.
- Utilities is making emergency repairs on Balsam Street and this street will lose water pressure for 4-6 hours estimated.
- Please continue to limit non-essential sewer usages.
- LA 44 near Cargill is now open.
- More than 16,00 individuals applied
Mobile Unit Schedule (8am-6pm)
- Sept 19th - St. Charles Catholic Parking Lot
- 800-621-3362 or disasterassistance.gov.
- blueroof.us or 888-766-3258.
- Blue Roof vehicle at Matherne’s
- 1,874 customers (9.49%) of customers without power
- 1-800-9OUTAGE (1-800-968-8243)
(Below is no change from yesterday’s update)
Elderly Assistance for St. John residents
- Call 985-536-4955 from 8am-5pm daily.
- Members of the Louisiana Floodplain Management Disaster Recovery Team are in neighborhoods with the Planning and Zoning Department to assess damage to properties in flood zones AE and VE.
Safe Reconnect of Utilities
- If you sustained damage to your home or business electrical and/or gas systems and the utility was not able to reconnect service, please contact Planning & Zoning at Emailsafereconnect@stjohn-la.gov or call 985-651-5565
Temporary Housing Executive Order
- Allows for placement of one RV, travel trailer or other similar form of temporary housing to be placed on a single-family residential site through August 29, 2022.