- Applicants will need to obtain a passing Entry Firefighter Civil Service Test Score to be considered for employment. Information on testing can be found at the Office of State Examiner website (www.ose.louisiana.gov)
- Once an applicant receives a valid test score from the Office of State Examiner, the applicant must complete the St. John Parish Fire Application(PDF, 138KB) . The application, along with all the required documents must be hand delivered to the following address:
St. John Parish Fire Rescue
418 Historic West Street
Garyville, LA 70051
- Interviews are conducted and prospective firefighters are hired.
- Current Entry Level Firefighter Civil Service Exam Score
- High School Diploma or Equivalency
- Valid Driver's License
- Possess No Criminal Record
- Pass a Drug Screen
- Pass a Medical Exam
- Pass a Physical Ability Test
- Firefighting experience including Firefighter I IFSAC Certification.
- Emergency Medical Responder Certification.
- Positive Work History