Hurricane Ida Recovery
Thursday, October 14, 2021
- More than 620,000 cubic yards collected
- Please be assured that if a resident is currently gutting their home, debris crews are making multiple passes and debris monitors continuously going through neighborhoods to determine where debris remains.
- The US Army Corps of Engineers has installed 1355 blue roofs in St. John. The deadline to apply for a blue roof is tomorrow, Friday, Oct 15. Apply at Blueroof.us or call 888-766-3258.
- FEMA inspectors visit the homes of applicants who have applied for various types of FEMA assistance to assess damage caused by a declared disaster.
- If a FEMA inspector comes to your home and you did not submit a FEMA application, your information may have been used without your knowledge to create a FEMA application; if so, please inform the inspector that you did not apply for FEMA assistance so that they can submit a request to stop all further processing on the application.
- A fraudulent application could be a sign of identity theft. For information on what to do if you suspect identity theft, please visit: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/.../feature-0014-identity-theft.
- Register for the Louisiana Hurricane Ida Sheltering Program, which will provide temporary housing to people in heavily impacted parishes where other sheltering options are currently unavailable, at idashelteringla.com or call (844) 268-0301.
- We encourage residents to apply for the Ida Sheltering Program and also FEMA assistance at disasterassistance.gov.
- Currently, 45 customers are out of power or .23%. If you are without power, please call and report to Entergy at 1-800-ENTERGY.
Business Recovery Center
- The Small Business Administration (SBA) Business Recovery Center is open in LaPlace on Mondays - Wednesdays, 9 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. at River Region Chamber of Commerce - 390 Belle Terre Blvd., LaPlace
- Disaster assistance information from SBA can be found at https://www.sba.gov/funding-programs/disaster-assistance
- Are you out of work due to Hurricane Ida? Follow these 4 steps to connect with disaster relief job opportunities:
- Visit laworks.net to start the application process and click on “Disaster Relief Opportunities”
- Complete the online form
- Wait for staff to verify eligibility
- Make sure you have created a HiRE account
No change from previous update:
Elderly Assistance for St. John residents
• Call 985-536-4955 from 8am-4:30pm daily.
- Permit fees for repairs and renovations due to hurricane damage have been waived until February 28, 2022.
- Building permits are not needed for the following types of work:
Shingles, Sheetrock, Cabinetry, Flooring, Fencing, Doors, Siding, Trim and Painting.
Permits are only needed when structural repairs are made to the framing, roof, or electrical components of the house.
- If you have any questions or would like to make an appointment, please contact the Planning and Zoning Department at 985-651-5565.
- If you sustained damage to your home or business electrical and/or gas systems and the utility was not able to reconnect service, please contact Planning & Zoning at Email email@example.com or call 985-651-5565.
Boil Water Advisories
- All Boil Water Advisories in St. John Parish are lifted.
- The curfew is lifted for St. John Parish.
Hurricane Ida Donations
- Drop Off Site:
Monday-Friday, 8:30 am – 3:30 pm
200 REGALA Park Rd., Reserve
- Non-perishable food, toiletries, cleaning supplies & water (clothing not accepted)
- All items donated will go to Hurricane Ida relief in St. John Parish.
- For text alerts, text SJPWEATHER to 888-777
- Parish website: sjbparish.gov
- Parish social media: Facebook, Instagram & Twitter
- Government Access Channel (15/99)