St. John Parish has been working around the clock in many different capacities focused on obtaining services and resources for residents.
- Communications remain limited, but we have dedicated a hot spot in the EOC to send out information.
-Distribution Sites OPEN daily 8am-5pm
Ice, waters, and MRES will be distributed via drive-thru.
1000 served on East Bank and 300 on West Bank on 9/1
Wallace Fire Station
5733 Hwy 18, Vacherie (Wallace)
200 REGALA Park Rd, Reserve
FEMA & Red Cross are Mobilizing
Red Cross feeding with 60 teams
-Disaster Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program -1-888-524-3578
-Operation Blu Roof - Blueroof.us or 1-888-766-3258
- Fire Department will canvas neighborhoods again today handing out water and ice.
- More than 30 debris crews are out on East and West Bank as residents start to gut homes.
Residents must follow these specific guidelines regarding Hurricane-Ida related debris. Separate debris into the following categories:
- Household garbage, Construction debris, Vegetation debris, household hazardous waste, electronics
Please place debris piles at the curb in the public right-of-way in front of your home. Do not set debris against trees or poles.
- Utilities is working to restore water to LaPlace and repair water leaks Parishwide.
- More than 60 percent of damage assessments completed. Every sub station in St. John was damaged. Crews are working on repairs.
-All interstate systems are open.
- Highway 51 on and off ramps remain closed.
- Please be mindful of scams that can occur following a disaster. Never give out personal or banking information, social security number etc.