Hurricane Ida Recovery
Hurricane Ida Recovery Update
Saturday, September 25, 2021
- Fema mobile unit will be at Bamboo Road in LaPlace again tomorrow from 8am-6pm.
Debris Collection Update
Daily: 19,600 cubic yards
Weekend total: 37,072 cubic yards
Todal debris collected to date: 316,607 cubic yards
Below is no change from yesterday’s update)
- All Boil Water Advisories in St. John Parish are lifted.
- We would like to thank all of the residents and businesses for their patience during this time and give a shoutout to Utilities who worked tirelessly over the past few weeks to repair leaks throughout the parish and ensure our systems were operable.
Elderly Assistance for St. John residents
- Call 985-536-4955 from 8am-5pm daily.
- As a reminder, permits are only needed when structural repairs are made to the framing, roof, or electrical components of the house.
- Additionally, Parish President Hotard suspended all permit or trade filing fees until February of 2022.
- Structural repair permits that are required are required as part of St. John Parish’s participation in the National Flood Insurance Program, providing eligibility for flood insurance, and to enforce building codes that ensure the safety of its citizens.
- If you sustained damage to your home or business electrical and/or gas systems and the utility was not able to reconnect service, please contact Planning & Zoning at Email email@example.com or call 985-651-5565.
Business Recovery Center Open in LaPlace
Mondays - Wednesdays, 9 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- 390 Belle Terre Blvd., LaPlace, LA 70068