Hurricane Ida Recovery Update
Wednesday, October 20, 2021
- 111Historic Front Street, Garyville, LA 70051
- Roland Borne, Sr. Memorial Library (parking lot)
- SBA offers disaster assistance in the form of low interest loans to businesses, nonprofit organizations, homeowners, and renters located in regions affected by declared disasters. SBA also provides eligible small businesses and nonprofit organizations with working capital to help overcome the economic injury of a declared disaster.
- You can call SBA’s Customer Service Center at 800-659-2955 or visit www.sba.gov/services/disasterassistance for more information on SBA disaster assistance or to apply.
- The SBA Recovery Center is open on in St. John Parish on Mondays - Wednesdays, 9 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. at River Region Chamber of Commerce - 390 Belle Terre Blvd., LaPlace.
- The state offers a non-congregate Hurricane Ida Sheltering Program, visit idashelteringla.com/ or call 844-268-0301 to register for temporary sheltering.
- Please note that you will never be asked to provide your Social Security Number, Banking or Financial Information as part of your participation in this program.
- The program provides sheltering assistance to residents in eligible heavily impacted parishes until other temporary or permanent housing options are available
- We encourage residents to also apply for FEMA assistance at disasterassistance.gov.
- If you are without power, please call and report it to Entergy at 1-800-ENTERGY.
- Beware of scammers threatening immediate service disconnection. Entergy will never call and ask for personal information or demand payment.
- If you need to start, stop, or move service; pay your bill; or report an outage, you can also use: https://www.myentergy.com/s/.
- Are you out of work due to Hurricane Ida? Follow these 4 steps to connect with disaster relief job opportunities. Click the link to start the application process http://ow.ly/Wk8g50GncsX
- Residents who need elderly assistance should call the Department of Health & Human Services at 985-536-4955 during business hours, 8am-4:30pm daily.
- Permit fees for repairs and renovations due to hurricane damage have been waived until February 28, 2022.
Building permits are not needed for the following types of work:
Shingles, Sheetrock, Cabinetry, Flooring, Fencing, Doors, Siding, Trim and Painting.
Permits are only needed when structural repairs are made to the framing, roof, or electrical components of the house.
If you have any questions, please contact the Planning and Zoning Department at 985-651-5565.
- If you sustained damage to your home or business electrical and/or gas systems and the utility was not able to reconnect service, please contact Planning & Zoning at Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 985-651-5565.
Hurricane Ida Donations
Drop Off Site:
Monday-Friday, 8:30 am – 3:30 pm
200 REGALA Park Rd., Reserve
Non-perishable food, toiletries, cleaning supplies & water (clothing not accepted)
All items donated will go to Hurricane Ida relief in St. John Parish.
- For text alerts, text SJPWEATHER to 888-777
- Parish website: sjbparish.gov
- Parish social media: Facebook, Instagram & Twitter
- Government Access Channel (15/99)