Hurricane Ida Recovery Update
Tuesday, November 9, 2021
- To date, more than 816,000 Cubic Yards has been collected in St. John Parish and over 14,800 loads hauled.
- For questions related to Hurricane debris on state roadways, you can call the DOTD hotline at 800-950-2732.
No change from previous update.
- The deadline to apply for federal disaster assistance from FEMA is 11/29/21.
- Apply by calling 1-800-621-3362; TTY: 1-800-462-7585, through the FEMA Mobile App, at disasterassistance.gov, or In-person at the Disaster Recovery Centers (Edgard Library Parking Lot & Garyville Library Parking Lot from 9a-5p M-SAT)
NOTE: The FEMA Disaster Recovery Centers will remain open on Veterans Day.
- The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) is offering low-interest disaster loans to non-farm businesses of all sizes, private nonprofits, homeowners and renters who suffered losses caused by Hurricane Ida. Application Deadline is Nov. 29th.
Types of loans available are:
-- Homeowners: up to $200,000 to repair or replace real estate damage and up to $40,000 to replace personal property.
-- Renters: up to $40,000 to repair or replace personal property.
-- Businesses - Property Damage: up to $2,000,000 to repair or replace real estate, machinery and equipment, inventory and other assets that were damaged or destroyed (available to businesses of any size and private, non-profit organizations).
-- Economic Injury: only for small businesses and most private non-profit organizations suffering adverse financial impacts of the disaster (with or without property loss), up to $2,000,000 for working capital to help pay obligations until normal operations resume.
- For additional assistance, SBA has established a Business Recovery Center on Belle Terre at the River Region Chamber of Commerce that is open Monday-Wednesday. You can also contact an SBA customer service representative via email at FOCWAssistance@sba.gov or by phone at 800-659-2955. You can apply online at https://disasterloanassistance.sba.gov.
- The State set up the Hurricane Ida Sheltering Program to help assist Hurricane Ida survivors with direct and non-congregate sheltering in areas such as St. John.
- This program is being run by the State and you must apply for this program separately from FEMA. To do so, please visit idashelteringla.com or call (844) 268-0301.
- Already registered? Check your status by viewing your registration at IdaShelteringLA.com. If your registration is incomplete, answer all information. Please make sure to complete the following:
Release of Information (ROI),
Right of Entry (ROE); and provide a copy of your government issued identification.
- If you have any questions, please reach out to a Program Team Member by calling 1-844-268-0301 or 1-844-458-1806 for talk to text (TTY).
- Residents are encouraged to also apply for FEMA at DisasterAssistance.gov.
Long Term Recovery Group
- St. John Parish recently activated the Long Term Recovery Group to assist residents with unmet needs due to Hurricane Ida.
- The Long Term Recovery group consists of government, faith-based, non-profit, state, and federal organizations, and other agencies whose goal is to assist individuals and families as they recover from a disaster.
- If you are a homeowner and are uninsured, underinsured, or need assistance due to Hurricane Ida, please call the St John Volunteer Reception Center (VRC) at 985-703-8411.
- If you sustained damage to your home or business electrical and/or gas systems and the utility was not able to reconnect service, please contact Planning & Zoning at Email email@example.com or call 985-651-5565 so someone in this department can work with you on reconnection.
- For text alerts, text SJPWEATHER to 888-77
- Parish website: sjbparish.gov
- Parish social media: Facebook, Instagram & Twitter
- Government Access Channel (15/99)