Hurricane Ida Recovery
Changes from previous update:
- The remaining Boil Water Advisories for Water District 1 (Reserve, Garyville & Mt. Airy) and the Pleasure Bend Water District are now lifted.
- All water customers in St. John Parish can resume normal water use. There are no boil water advisories in place.
- We would like to thank all of the residents and businesses for their patience during this time and give a shoutout to Utilities who worked tirelessly over the past few weeks to repair leaks throughout the parish and ensure our systems were operable
- Per Entergy, 325 customers or 1.65% are without power as an estimate.
- Entergy is asking anyone who still does not have power to call and report it to 1-800-ENTERGY or 1-8009OUTAGE
- The FEMA Mobile Unit will be at the St. John ARC Parking Lot at 101 Bamboo Road September 24-26. Schedule could change.
- FEMA DSA (Disaster Survivor Assistance) teams are also canvassing the parish to assist residents with FEMA inquiries, FEMA registration, and guidance regarding claims submitted to FEMA. Teams are wearing easily recognizable identification.
- A complete list of FEMA benefits available, and ways to register for them, can be found at https://www.disasterassistance.gov/
- Blue Roof operation is ongoing in St. John. To date, 190 blue roofs were installed.
- Registration is open until September 30th at blueroof.us or 888-766-3258.
- To date, 260,000 cubic yards of debris collected.
- 25 debris removal trucks are collecting debris Parishwide daily. Residents are asked to assist with separating debris and keeping debris piles clear of obstructions such as fire hydrants and mailboxes. mailboxes
Temporary, Emergency Housing
- Residents who will require temporary, emergency housing, whether a homeowner or renter, can call 985-359-0142 or 985-359-0270 or fill out this convenient form https://us.openforms.com/.../d7c1e95f-25c9-4939-aade... to be placed on the list for temporary, emergency housing.
- The parish is continuing to compile a list of individuals who will require temporary, emergency housing to provide to FEMA. Final assessments will be conducted by FEMA.
- The following information is needed:
*Address of the home you were living in during Hurricane Ida.
*A contact number to reach you.
*The number of people in your household.
COMCAST RESTORATION INFORMATION
- W. Airline Hwy. and Belle Pointe Blvd. (on or before Sept. 25)
- Lee Dr. and Natchez Ln. (on or before Sept. 25)
- W. Airline Hwy. and Magnolia St. (on or before Sept. 25)
- E. Airline Hwy. and Kimball Dr. (on or before Sept. 25
- Alma St. and Gaynell Dr. (on or before Sept. 25)
- W. Airline Hwy. and Jacob Dr. (on or before Sept. 25)
- Great River Rd. and Hwy. 639 (on or before Sept. 26)
- Hwy. 628 and Azalea Dr. (on or before Sept. 27)
- Sherman Walker Ave. and Daisy St. (on or before Sept. 28)
- W. Airline Hwy. and Tornado Aly. (on or before Sept. 28)
FROM COMCAST: It’s important to note that there may be some instances where access to the customer’s home is compromised, or the equipment in a particular home is damaged. We will need to address these situations on an individual basis.
RTC RESTORATION INFORMATION
Mt. Airy 1010/21
(Below is no change from yesterday’s update)
Elderly Assistance for St. John residents
- Call 985-536-4955 from 8am-5pm daily.
- As a reminder, permits are only needed when structural repairs are made to the framing, roof, or electrical components of the house.
- Additionally, Parish President Hotard suspended all permit or trade filing fees until February of 2022.
- Structural repair permits that are required are required as part of St. John Parish’s participation in the National Flood Insurance Program, providing eligibility for flood insurance, and to enforce building codes that ensure the safety of its citizens.
- If you sustained damage to your home or business electrical and/or gas systems and the utility was not able to reconnect service, please contact Planning & Zoning at Email email@example.com or call 985-651-5565.
Business Recovery Center
- At River Region Chamber of Commerce
- 390 Belle Terre Blvd., LaPlace, LA 70068
Mondays - Wednesdays, 9 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Disaster Unemployment Assistance is available. Businesses and residents whose employment or self-employment was lost or interrupted as a direct result of Hurricane Ida can apply at https://www.laworks.net/.