Hurricane Ida Recovery Update
Tuesday, November 2, 2021
- Debris collection is progressing. More than 782,000 cubic yards and 14,000 loads of debris have been collected in St. John Parish to date.
- The Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development (DOTD) announced that the final pass of Hurricane Ida debris removal on state highways in St. John the Baptist Parish will begin on Wednesday, November 3. DOTD recently activated a call center for questions related to Hurricane debris on state roadways at 800-950-2732. This call center is operating daily from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- FEMA assistance for individuals and families affected by Hurricane Ida can cover rental assistance, temporary housing, home repairs, personal property losses and other disaster-related needs not covered by insurance. Survivors of Hurricane Ida now have until Nov. 29 to apply for individual assistance with FEMA.
- Disaster Recovery Centers (DRCS) are open Mondays through Saturdays, from 9:00 am until 6:00 pm. Anyone needing assistance in filing claims with FEMA, or checking the status of existing claims, can visit the DRC during regular operating hours
- More information from Fema on the FEMA app (under Disaster Resources, select Talk to FEMA in Person) or visit DisasterAssistance.gov or call 800-621-3362.
The DRCS are located at:
1. Garyville Library Parking Lot ,111 Historic Front St, Garyville
2. St. John the Baptist Parish Library Parking Lot, 2979 LA-18, Edgard
NFIP Proof of Loss Deadline Extended for Hurricane Ida Policyholders
- SBA Business Recovery Center Mondays - Wednesdays, 9 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. - River Region Chamber of Commerce - 390 Belle Terre Blvd., LaPlace
- If you need temporary housing, please register for the state’s Hurricane Ida Sheltering Program or call (844) 268-0301 or for TTY services call (844) 458-1806. (Please also register with FEMA at disasterassistance.gov)
- If you have registered for the state program, please stay in contact at IdaShelteringLA.com.
- Already registered? Check your status by viewing your registration at IdaShelteringLA.com. If your registration is incomplete, answer all information. Please make sure to complete the following:
Release of Information (ROI),
Right of Entry (ROE); and
provide a copy of your government issued identification.
- If you sustained damage to your home or business electrical and/or gas systems and the utility was not able to reconnect service, please contact Planning & Zoning at Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 985-651-5565.
- For text alerts, text SJPWEATHER to 888-77
- Parish website: sjbparish.gov
- Parish social media: Facebook, Instagram & Twitter
- Government Access Channel (15/99)