Sunday, September 19, 2021
Changes from previous update:
- The Boil Water Advisory is lifted for the West Bank. The Boil Water Advisory remains in place for the East Bank.
- Please continue to limit non-essential sewer usage.
Mobile Unit Schedule (8am-6pm)
- Sept 20/Sept 21 -Matherne's Parking Lot
- 800-621-3362 or disasterassistance.gov.
- Deadline to apply for Expedited Rental & Critical Needs Assistance is September 22
- 9/19/21 - 1,675 customers (8%) of customers without power
- 1-800-9OUTAGE (1-800-968-8243)
(Below is no change from yesterday’s update)
In response to mounting garbage, Parish President Hotard facilitated the partnership between Metro and Waste Pro.
10 Waste Pro trucks servicing the community in addition to Metro trucks.
President Hotard also issued an Emergency Household Waste Bid and is in the process of executing agreements to increase disposal capacity.
Bids were opened Sunday, September 19, 2021, at 10 a.m.
“My main priority right now is getting the trash off the street for our residents; therefore, taking emergency actions were necessary,” said Parish President Hotard. “I will continue to take any and all actions necessary to rid our streets of garbage. I want to thank residents for their patience and cooperation as we work to get all garbage collected.”
- More than 147,000 cubic yards of debris has been collected so far. Debris trucks are out Parishwide collecting debris daily.
- Please separate debris and do not place debris on fire hydrants, water meters, trees, or mailboxes.
- blueroof.us or 888-766-3258.
Elderly Assistance for St. John residents
- Call 985-536-4955 from 8am-5pm daily.
- Members of the Louisiana Floodplain Management Disaster Recovery Team are in neighborhoods with the Planning and Zoning Department to assess damage to properties in flood zones AE and VE.
Safe Reconnect of Utilities
- If you sustained damage to your home or business electrical and/or gas systems and the utility was not able to reconnect service, please contact Planning & Zoning at Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 985-651-5565.
Temporary Housing Executive Order
- Allows for placement of one RV, travel trailer or other similar form of temporary housing to be placed on a single-family residential site through August 29, 2022.
- LA 44 near Cargill is now open.