Hurricane Ida Recovery Update
- Parish President Hotard continues to work with the debris contractor on debris collection Parishwide.
- To date, more than 737,000 cubic yards of debris has been collected in St. John Parish and over 13,000 loads hauled.
- We understand that some residents are just beginning to work on their homes and will continue debris collection daily until all debris is picked up.
- The Parish is also working closely with State DOTD on debris removal on state highways. DOTD recently activated a call center for questions related to Hurricane debris on state roadways at 800-950-2732. This call center is operating daily from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. State debris removal progress can also be seen at www.511la.org.
- To register for the state’s sheltering program or find out what sheltering options are available, visit IdaShelteringla.com or call (844) 268-0301 or for TTY services call (844) 458-1806.
- Please also register for FEMA at disasterassistance.gov.
- The deadline to apply for FEMA assistance is October 28, 2021, unless the deadline is extended.
- DISASTER RECOVERY CENTERS”: Please visit disasterassistance.gov, call 800-621-3362 or visit one of the FEMA Disaster Recovery Centers M-SAT from 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. to apply or ask questions regarding application.
- Starting this Sunday, the DRCs will be closed on Sundays. The DRCS will also be closed Wednesday ahead of severe weather possibility. They are located at:
- Frazee-Harris Memorial Library (parking lot)
- 111Historic Front Street, Garyville, LA 70051
- Roland Borne, Sr. Memorial Library (parking lot)
- 2979 LA-18, Edgard, LA 70049
Operation Blue Roof
- More than 1700 blue roofs have been installed in St. John Parish to date. If you have questions or concerns regarding your Blue Roof installation, please call 1-888-766-3258.
Small Business Administration Disaster Assistance
SBA has approved 810 disaster loans for $60 million in assistance in St. John Parish
- The deadline to apply for SBA is October 28, 2021.
- SBA offers disaster assistance in the form of low interest loans to businesses, nonprofit organizations, homeowners, and renters located in regions affected by declared disasters. SBA also provides eligible small businesses and nonprofit organizations with working capital to help overcome the economic injury of a declared disaster.
- You can call SBA’s Customer Service Center at 800-659-2955 or visit www.sba.gov/services/disasterassistance for more information on SBA disaster assistance or to apply.
- The SBA Recovery Center is open on in St. John Parish on Mondays - Wednesdays, 9 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. at River Region Chamber of Commerce - 390 Belle Terre Blvd., LaPlace.
No changes from previous update:
- Are you out of work due to Hurricane Ida? Follow these 4 steps to connect with disaster relief job opportunities. Click the link to start the application process http://ow.ly/Wk8g50GncsX
- Residents who need elderly assistance should call the Department of Health & Human Services at 985-536-4955 during business hours, 8am-4:30pm daily.
- Permit fees for repairs and renovations due to hurricane damage have been waived until February 28, 2022.
Building permits are not needed for the following types of work:
Shingles, Sheetrock, Cabinetry, Flooring, Fencing, Doors, Siding, Trim and Painting.
Permits are only needed when structural repairs are made to the framing, roof, or electrical components of the house.
If you have any questions, please contact the Planning and Zoning Department at 985-651-5565.
- If you sustained damage to your home or business electrical and/or gas systems and the utility was not able to reconnect service, please contact Planning & Zoning at Email email@example.com or call 985-651-5565.
- For text alerts, text SJPWEATHER to 888-777
- Parish website: sjbparish.gov
- Parish social media: Facebook, Instagram & Twitter
- Government Access Channel (15/99)